avon nail polish lacquer review swatches pictures black matte nail enamel blogger liz breygel review manicure

I have never tried matte nail polish before, I heard about boiling water and how the steam can make any nail polish in your collection matte, but I was always too lazy to try out this method. So when I saw an Avon Magic Effects Matte Nail Enamel in my favorite 'Black' shade I decided to purchase it, even though it is not a very spring or summer 'appropriate' color.  I was almost 100 % sure that I was going to add this matte enamel to my monthly favorites post, but unfortunately, this product has disappointed me, so let me tell you about its pros and cons. 

avon nail polish lacquer review swatches pictures black matte nail enamel blogger liz breygel review manicure

Avon Magic Effects Matte Nail Enamel comes in gorgeous classy packaging – a sleek glass bottle with a super-comfortable flat and wide brush, for an easy application of the product. It was a big surprise to me when nail enamel started to dry out on my nails super fast. 

The pigmentation of the product is incredible, it is a very beautiful deep black color. To get full opacity I only needed one thin coat of the enamel – very impressive! And it looks gorgeous on the fingernails, a little grungy and classy at the same time.

About Matte Nail Enamel by Avon


And now the sad part of my review. Avon Magic Effects Matte Nail Enamel started to chip and peel off the next day and I was deeply disappointed by this fact. Certainly, I do not hope that my manicure will last a month without an update, but I think we deserve at least a few days of fresh-looking nails. 

To make this nail polish look neat and last long, your nails must be manicured – filed, polished, degreased, and primed with a good base. But not everyone has so much time and patience to perform all these steps.

avon nail polish lacquer review swatches pictures black matte nail enamel blogger liz breygel review manicure

Final Thoughts...

Overall, this Magic Effects Matte Nail Enamel by Avon was a disappointment, not a complete fail, because the color is incredible, but I'm not going to repurchase it again and I, unfortunately, can’t recommend this product to you. I wanted to like it, and I think I will give it a second chance with some matte overcoat and a good base, but for now, this is no. I hope my nail review was useful for some of you, I’ll talk to you later, my lovelies.

Lots of love,
Liz