You all probably know how much I love dramatic eye makeup looks, I say this almost in all my posts where I show you how I create my makeups :) But sometimes dramatic eyes can look a bit cheap and messy, so we need to follow few simple steps to avoid this. Today I`ll show you how to do a beautiful navy gothic eye makeup, using only few products and simple technique, so everyone even beginners can create this look without complications. Let`s start!
1. Smoky eye always requires perfect face base, without any redness and imperfections, so apply the primer, foundation and powder after you finish with eyes.
2. Fill in your eyebrows, try to make sure that they are not too dark, so your eyebrows will not distract from eye makeup, but at the same time they shouldn`t get lost on your face.
3. Prepare your eye lid for a makeup applying a primer. Try to apply primer exactly on the eyelid, don`t put it on the crease, or it will make the blending more complicated. If you don`t have eye shadow primer, you can use a little bit of concealer or foundation, this will help your smoky eye shadow to last longer.
4. Now we can start to apply the main eye shadow color you chose for your gothic makeup. I went for dark navy color. Put it on your eye lid and blend it out with the clean brush up to the brow bone. Add same eye shadow on the lower lash line and blend as well.
5. The next step is the liquid liner or black eye pencil (as you prefer). Line your eyes, creating a dramatic wing, don`t forget to line the inner corner of your eyes to make them appear bigger and almond shaped. Highlight the brown bone and the inner corner of your eyes with white eye shadow or pencil.
6. Apply black eye pencil on the lower and upper waterline, this will intensify your eye makeup bringing more mystery and drama to the look. Curl your lashes and apply a nice coat of your favorite mascara.
7. Finish up with some false lashes. When you will choose false lashes for gothic smoky eyes, I recommend to go for `mine, but better` lashes, try not to overload your makeup.
8. Now you can clean up the fall outs and finish your usual foundation routine. For the lips I prefer nude and neautral shades, because bright lip makeup can distract the attention from the eyes.
That`s all girls your dramatic smoky eyes are completed! For my look I used just two eye shadow colors - dark blue and white, black eye pencil, the pair of falsies and mascara. You`ll need just 5 minutes and a small amount of makeup products to recreate this look. I really hope you liked it, please let me know what you think in the comments below.
And what is your favorite eye makeup?
Lots of love,