Makeup & Beauty

Essence Gel Nail Polish `Play With My Mint` / Review & Swatches

| on
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
liz breygel beauty blogger nails of the day essence cosmetics review
liz breygel beauty blogger nails of the day essence cosmetics review
liz breygel beauty blogger nails of the day essence cosmetics review
liz breygel beauty blogger nails of the day essence cosmetics review

Hi angels, how do you feel today? Remember my Essence Gel Nail Polish Haul where I showed you my top pics from the new Essence collection? Today I wanted to tell you more about my favourite shade from the entire haul - a lovely pastel mint shade `40 Play With My Mint`. It is a perfect spring colour, but I love this nail polish so much and can`t stop wearing on a daily basis, even thought it is a summer time.

The Essence gel nail polish has a special quick dry formula, it is thick and creamy like any other gel nail polish, but you don`t need to own a special lamp to `bake` it. It dries out very quick to a gorgeous glossy finish. I love to apply an extra top coat to make my manicure even more glossy and to last a little bit longer. `Play With My Mint` is opaque from the very first application, but I prefer to have an extra coat just to make the colour more intense. The application of this nail polish is very smooth and comfortable, it isn`t streaky at all. Thanks to it`s wide brush it is possible to cover almost the entire nail plate at once. 

On my nails Essence Gel Nail Polish stays for 2 days without chipping and I was rather disappointed with this fact. Especially because Essence claims that this polishes are long lasting. I think that a special base coat and a top coat that retails on their website will make improve the durability of the “gel nail polish”, but it still kind sad. I don`t like the fact I need to own something more for a perfect manicure. But I`m still loving the entire Gel Nail Polish collection by Essence because the colours are simply adorable. And the pricing is amazing, these nail polishes retail for $2 each.

What is your favourite nail polish at the moment?

Lots of love,
Liz

Bloglovin  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Pinterest  | Bellashoot