beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Garnet Makeup Tutorial | January Birthstone

| on
Monday, January 09, 2017
liz breygel Makeup step by step Tutorial January Birthstone red smoky eye gothic goth eye
liz breygel Makeup step by step Tutorial January Birthstone red smoky eye gothic goth eye

Hi everyone, I feel like I haven`t done any makeup tutorial on my blog for ages, but few days ago  I had to come up with a very special series on my blog. Each month I`m going to post a very beautiful and inspiring step by step makeup tutorials for each birthstone, starting off with a Garnet makeup tutorial. Garnet is a January birthstone and it is available in many colors ranging from a very light brown and beige shades to all shades of deep burgundy and almost black. Interesting fact - Garnet is a state stone for New York. As a reference for my makeup tutorial I took a picture of a very beautiful raw garnet stone and it inspired me to create a very simple Garnet Makeup Tutorial with a nice smoky eye effect. 

1. First of all we need to make sure our makeup will last all day long without fall outs and color fading. Prepare the eyelid skin by applying an eye shadow primer, give it some time to set down on the skin.

2. Fill in your eye brows using a natural looking eye brow pencil or an eye shadow. Start to apply a coral red eye shadow on the outer half of the eye lid, you can use shimmer or matte eye shadow, but I would recommend you to use shimmer, to add a little bit more drama to the look.

3. Apply a mahogany shimmer eye shadow on the outer corner of your eyelid and intensify the color by adding a little bit of a black shadow. Use a matte rose eye shadow to blend out the crease.

4. The next step is to put a pure white eye shadow in the corner of the eye and the brow bone to make the eye look opened and fresh. Use a soft blending brush to blend the transitions between the colors and to ensure that there are no harsh lines.

5. Tightline your eyes - apply a black matte eye kohl on the top and bottom waterline Curl the lashes and apply a few coat of your favorite mascara on your eye lashes. Apply a natural looking false lashes and the Garnet Makeup look is done!

Happy birthday to everyone who was born in January and I hope you liked my Garnet Makeup, please let me know if you like my idea of a birthstone makeup series and don`t forget to follow my blog for more looks. Hugs and kisses :*

Lots of love,
Liz

Bloglovin  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Pinterest  | Bellashoot